Teach ‘Cooking and Nutrition’ with Confidence is a practical CPD Day for Key Stage 2 Teachers and LSA’s to educate, inform and inspire.
Description: Quality food and nutrition education in school has the potential to make a real difference to your pupils lives equipping them with life long skills, confidence to make healthy food choices and impacting on their long-term health and wellbeing.
Cooking and Nutrition and Healthy Eating is not only part of the National Curriculum but also integral to Ofsted judgments, the new Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSE) curriculum, the Herts for Learning Wellbeing Quality Mark and ‘Healthy Schools’.
This one-day practical course will ensure you feel equipped to support your pupils to become safe, skilled, independent and confident learners when cooking.
Space is limited to 12 people, so please sign up ASAP.
- Understand curriculum links and skills for ‘Cooking and Nutrition’ in KS2 and Healthy Eating for the new Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSE) curriculum, the Herts for Learning Wellbeing Quality Mark and ‘Healthy Schools’.
- Gain confidence, skills and knowledge (including health and safety) to plan and lead cooking activities with pupils.
- Understand key nutrition messages to support pupils to make healthier choices now and in the future.
- Practitioners will create dishes, inline with classroom delivery and curriculum requirements.
- Practitioners will gain knowledge around key nutrition messages to support pupils to make healthier choices now and in the future.
- Practitioners will audit current plans and process and identify targets for development.
- Practitioners will leave equipped with a bank of suitable recipes (10 resource links and planning support.
Ridgeway Academy, Herns Ln, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 2AF
Wednesday 22nd June 2022, 9.30am – 3pm
For any queries please email email@example.com